Not so much anxiety now. Mostly exploration of options now.
1) I'm MOVING TO SAN FRANCISCO. It's DECIDED.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) I don't know what I'm going to do next year. It's undecided. (If I can bring myself to leave the city at all.)
!!!!!!
Here are some options for Evergreen programs:
Inescapable Beauty & Elusive Sublime (not on the catalog) : an upper division course studying Kant, Hegel, philosophy of aesthetics; includes art production component. Honestly, I'm skeptical of both old-school philosophy that aims to make universal claims about experiences when speaker is a white, wealthy, heterosexual, man who speaks his own experience and calls it everyone's. I understand how influential both of these thinkers have been, but also I feel like I'd just butt heads with them (and everyone else in the class).
Decolonizing the Mind: all levels. (Ew). But postcolonial theory would be really really good to know. And I'm interested in it. I'm skeptical of history classes, but I neeeeeed history education. I've heard good things about this professor. But... what if I don't have time to make art anymore?
Gender and Sexuality: History, Culture, and Politics: Sophmore and above. This one looks really interesting to me. I've been studying more queer art lately and think it's fascinating. I've worked with one of the professors before and found him distant, but smart. Maybe now that I know more things I could have a better experience working with him. Hmmm... and I think there could be room to do it for 12 credits so I could keep making art, at least. This one seems more appealing right now, especially since I envision gender studies being part of any graduate work I do in any field I do. But also if I'll be doing lots of it later, maybe I don't need to now.
AUGH! Or I do a contract and choose my own readings and make art all the time, which sounds pretty great to me.
THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
emily the photo didn't come up.
1) I'M SO EXCITED!
2) Kant and Hegel and kind of boooring, but influential and interesting I guess.
In a Po-Co class at Evergreen, you're going to get a bunch of people that are gonna piss you off because they'll just be like "EVERYONE IS OPRESSED" and they'll get all emotional about it and shit
The Gender class could be pretty cool, but if one of the profs sucks then it could maybe suck. But you would be interested in it.
I totally wasn't helpful in making decisions. I just want you to take Steven's class so you can fall in love with him because it's clearly the only option. Yeah.
Post a Comment